Survey finds free bets remain UK’s most searched gambling promotion
The discoveries of freebets.ltd.uk reveals that the proven method is still popular.
The UK betting industry is in a period of evolution, with the pandemic and the emergence of new technologies bringing about many new and exciting trends; from the rise of cryptocurrency betting to the growing appetite for virtual sports and esports markets, the ever-changing landscape is truly fascinating.
However, one thing that has remained unchanged is the UK’s appetite for generous promotions. According to online free betting portal, freebets.ltd.uk, UK bettors are becoming more selective about which operators they claim promotions from.
By reviewing the results of its annual free bet survey (2022), freebets.ltd.uk has uncovered a range of trends, gaining a clear understanding of what modern bettors expect from their bookmakers and casino operators.
As part of the survey, freebets.ltd.uk asked its 10,000 strong betting community a series of questions centered on the topic of promotions. Here are some of the most notable findings:
- When asked what their favorite promotion was, over 80% of participants chose the free bets.
- The results revealed that William Hill was the preferred bonus provider, with 33% of respondents giving their vote to the operator. Fair deposit and wagering requirements were frequently cited reasons. Paddy Power comes second with 29% of the vote, followed by Ladbrokes (20%), Coral (5%), BetVictor (4%) and Unibet (2%).
- No-deposit bets were the most requested type of offer (62%).
- 74% of bettors would only claim bonuses from a betting site that takes safe gambling seriously.
- 88% of bettors would not use a betting site that is not compatible with mobile devices.
Commenting on the results, Steve Gummer, Brand Manager of freebets.ltd.uk, said: “The aim of the survey is to establish what our UK betting customers value, ensuring that we provide our users the most valuable services and the most competitive premiums.
“The results of this year’s survey gave us food for thought. We will use these results to further improve the services we offer through our platform, solidifying our brand name as the number one destination for generous offers.