No Time To Die Blu-Ray Will Let You Bring Bond Home For Christmas
To each their own and all that jazz, but I ended up finding the Daniel Craig Bond era a bit of a let down. Craig himself was great, but the movies he was stuck in ended up looking pretty dull. I think “Casino Royale” is great, and I think “Skyfall” has its moments. Beyond that, however? Weft. I was hoping “No Time to Die” would end things on a positive note, but instead the last film in the Craig’s Bond series relied heavily on things that just weren’t working (I’m looking at you, chemistry-free romance between Bond and Madeleine Swann).
But hey, if you’ve dug “No Time to Die”, I have good news: it’s coming in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD collector’s editions on December 21, 2021. The film is already available digitally, but if you are one of those brave people who still cling to physical media, this news is for you. And here are the special features included:
- ANATOMY OF A SCENE: MATERA – In Bond style, there is an incredible pre-credit streak featured in No time to die. A thrilling chase in Matera that starts on foot, then on a motorcycle, then by car. Not just any car either – the iconic Aston Martin DB5! Through interviews with Daniel Craig and director Cary Joji Fukunaga, as well as on-set interviews with key crew members, we find out how the filmmakers shot this stunning sequence.
- KEEP REALITY: THE ACTION OF NO TIME TO DIE – In a world full of heavy CGI action movies, the Bond franchise proudly stands out from the crowd for still shooting practical stunts, without the use of special effects. In this room we see how No time to die continues with this tradition with its amazing action sequences.
- A GLOBAL JOURNEY – Exotic places are synonymous with all Bond movies and No time to die is no different. In addition to returning to Bond’s spiritual home, Jamaica, for Daniel Craig’s latest outing, we are also going on a world trip to Italy, Norway and Scotland. We’ll hear from Daniel Craig, Cary Fukunaga, other key actors and filmmakers, about what it was like to film in these spectacular locations.
- DESIGN THE LINK – Production designer Mark Tildesley and costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb, along with actors and other filmmakers, discuss the inspiration, challenges and trials of designing and making such remarkable sets and costumes for the iconic Bond franchise.
- BE JAMES BOND * – In this special 45-minute retrospective, Daniel Craig frankly looks back on his 15-year adventure as James Bond. Including never-before-seen archive footage of Casino Royale to the 25th film No time to die, Craig shares his personal memories during a conversation with 007 producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, before his last performance as James Bond.
In “No time to die”,
Bond has left active service and is enjoying a quiet life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old CIA friend Felix Leiter shows up for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more dangerous than expected, leading Bond on the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.