Jane Got A Hammer – Movie Stories
Natalie Portman returns to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Thor: Love And Thunder, but this week’s movie quiz focuses on her other work without a hammer.
Going to college after becoming a movie star, Natalie Portman once said “I’d rather be smart than a movie star.” Between winning a generation of young fans in the star wars prequel trilogy to delight the greats with her outrageous rap collaborations with The Lonely Island, she had both, winning an Oscar and carving out quite the filmography as an actress and producer.
With all due respect to the new Mighty Thor, this week’s quiz honors some of his non-franchised screen works, as well as some general movie knowledge. Once you have completed all three rounds, you will find a link to a separate article with the correct answers at the bottom of this article. As always, it’s just for fun, but please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 this week!) and let us know what you think. Get your answers before Natalie says “No more questions!”
FIRST ROUND – This Week in Film History
This series is about new UK cinema releases and this week’s general film history over the years – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help you out!
- 1964 – What group is played in the comedy film A hard day’s Night?
- 1981 – Which John Boorman-directed fantasy film is named after King Arthur’s sword?
- 1999 – Who plays the bad boy Patrick Verona in 10 things i hate about you?
- 2013 – Where Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn go to work in the highly product placement-friendly comedy The internship?
- 1980 – Born This Week, who plays Vesper Lynd in 2006 Casino Royale?
- 2003 – full throttle is the sequel to which action comedy?
- 1996 – What Sport is featured prominently in the Farrelly Brothers comedy Center pivot?
- 1982 – Aileen Quinn is best known for playing the 10-year-old title character in Which Musical?
- 2007 – Which Stephen King adaptation connects Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden and Toby Jones?
- 1958 – Also born this week, which 1980s teen movie star did the Guardians of the Galaxy call Earth’s Mightiest Hero?
TOUR TWO – The Natalie Portman Tour
Quietly forgetting the bold claims of her Saturday Night Live raps, we instead found Natalie Portman’s 10 On-Screen Questions…
- In which 1994 action film did Natalie Portman make her film debut as Mathilda Lando?
- In which city in the UK are the years 2006 located? V for Vendetta mainly defined?
- Who directed Portman in the 2007 film The Darjeeling Limited and its short prologue Hotel Knight?
- What is Jackie’s last name in the 2016 biopic of the same name?
- “Who is the movie star? » The social network makes a veiled reference to the fact that Portman is an alumnus of which American university?
- Which 2010 psychological thriller won Portman the Best Actress Oscar?
- Who plays Portman’s character’s stepfather in Heat – Al Pacino or Robert De Niro?
- In which state of the United States is the year 2004? garden condition mainly defined?
- What sci-fi comedy stars Portman, Glenn Close and Jack Nicholson as America’s First Family?
- Complete 2016 Western Title – Jane got a…
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of lucky movie questions – these can be from any era, any genre, or any difficulty level. Enjoy!
- In the news! by Disney Baymax! is a spin-off series based on which 2014 animated film?
- Which actor’s real-life characters include J. Edgar Hoover, Howard Hughes, and Jordan Belfort?
- What 1974 disaster movie revolves around a fire in San Francisco’s 138-story glass tower?
- At the cinema this week! Who plays ‘Dr Who’ in the spin-off of the 1965 film Dr Who and the Daleks?
- Which 2020 movie comes next in this sequence – In the loop > Stalin’s death > …?
- Who plays the Disney villain Maleficent in 2014 Maleficent and its sequel?
- Which Saint Bernard dog connects two theatrical films and six live-action sequels released between 1992 and 2014?
- In theaters and streaming now! Netflix’s Period Drama Persuasion is an adaptation of the latest novel by which English author?
- Who connects the movies of the 2010s The fighter, the big courtand Le Mans 66?
- And finally, outgoing British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has repeatedly compared himself to Mayor Larry Vaughn, a character from which 1970s blockbuster?
Ready for the answers?
It’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (this will take you to another page). We’ll be back next Friday with another quiz, but until then, share your scores in the comments below!
Thank you for your visit! If you would like to support our attempts to create a movie website without clickbaity:
Follow Movie Stories on Twitter hereand on Facebook here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a patron here.